Friday, June 20, 2008

Love, Hate Relationship w/ working from home.

I've been working from home now for almost a year. It has it's rewards but it also has it's downfalls. I think when we become mom's and more often than not, decide to stay home.. we get that itch to still bring in some sort of income. I decided when I became pregnant and was unable to work, that I wanted to do something that I loved. So I began my blog design business. It grew from blog designs to web designs, to eventually this great thing where now.. even as my little one is a year old, I am able to support my family by doing what I love.


A lot of mom's ask me if I have suggestions for making money from home. I've tried the Pay Per Post, and really, it's an easy way to make money but also requires you to clutter up your blog with paid advertisements which I just wasn't comfortable with. There are options such as etsy. Create something you love and sell it on there. However, I am not so great at being crafty. I knew that starting my own design business would be a whole lot of work, and boy was it. Being a stay at home mama to a very active little girl is a challenge when I have a lot of work that needs to be done. I set hours. I told myself I'd work from 10pm - 4am. It works out great and I couldn't be happier. On the weekends though, it's a whole nother story. It is so hard to pry myself away from the computer, my e-mails, my blackberry. Even when I'm not working.. I'm still at home and in my work atmosphere. I don't think there is an easy solution for this as I've learned.



Jessica is a wife to a tattoo artist and mama to a little girl born in the spring of 2007. She is a stay at home mom and runs a web design business called Delicious Design Studio. When she is not busy working on designs, she is running her yummy website, All Things Cupcake, which is a site for the cupcake obsessed.

You can catch her personal blog at thetattooedmama.com

No comments:



Don't forget to visit our sister site:
Posh Mama, The Hip Hangout for Haute Mamas!