The first thing you will need is a name for your company. Maybe you already have one that you use, but is it "right" for you? There are a couple things to consider in naming your business:
- Does it describe what it is that you do? Will be people be able to figure out what your craft is?
- Is someone already using that name? That's as easy as "doing a Google"! Type it in and see what comes up!
- Don't use JUST your own name...not yet! When you get to be Martha Stewart or Amy Butler, then go for it...but if might first take some time!
- Does it look okay visually, or even sound okay? Write it down and say it out loud over and over...would YOU go check that company out?
- Make sure it's not too long, too difficult to remember, or too hard to spell. And don't try to be funny...not everyone get's humor.
I would love to hear some of your company names. I always get a kick out of perusing Etsy and reading them, but honestly...there are only a few that stick with me. Take your time, think about it, get some opinions, but don't waste anymore time!