Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Shop on Etsy - ThreeLittleGoblins

Just had to mention a new favorite shop of mine on Etsy.com. It is http://www.threelittlegoblins.etsy.com/ and they have a special place in my heart! This is someone I know who makes hand made bears in all shapes and sizes. One of the bears listed on her site is called a memory bear. This bear can be made from any fabric you like, one for her to choose or one maybe from a favorite piece of clothing. You can have your child's favorite shirt or dress made into a bear when it no longer fits!


But I have to say what is most special about this memory bear is it was one made especially for me in memory of my darling daughter Emma (you can read about Emma on my site at http://www.snanimals.com/ - it has a link to information and also to her carepage.) Emma passed away suddenly last year from pulmonary hypertension. Recently my friend surprised me with this beautiful bear, done in purple ribbon fabric for the pulmonary hypertension association and with Emma's picture on the belly (with a bumblebee on the foot--Emma LOVED bees!) So you see just how special these bears can be.


But there's so many more. I am also showing one that she makes for teachers! It is a fantastic idea and a wonderful gift. A bear that has the class picture (or any picture) on it's belly and colorfull apples all over for the class to sign to give as a gift! How ingenious! I imagine you can do this sort of thing for all types of jobs, not just teachers, as a special gift! Please drop by their shop and take a look around!


No comments:



Don't forget to visit our sister site:
Posh Mama, The Hip Hangout for Haute Mamas!